Loan Officer Assistant
First National Community Bank is a locally owned community bank. We are deeply committed to the success and growth of local businesses and the financial prosperity of our customers in our community with extraordinary involvement in the communities we have served since 1975.
We have Loan Officer Assistant positions available at all of our current locations located throughout northwest Georgia in the cities of Adairsville, Armuchee, Calhoun, Cartersville, Chatsworth, Dalton (2 branch locations), Eton, Rome, and West Rome. In addition to our branches, we have a mortgage office in Dalton and loan production offices in Paulding County, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
As a community bank, decisions are made locally. We pride ourselves in our experienced staff of familiar local Bankers and Commercial Relationship Managers that collectively bring over 340 years of banking experience to serve you and understand our community better than anyone else.
Provides administrative and operational support to the commercial lending area of the bank. Delivers customer service at the highest levels to both internal and external customers.
- Processing commercial and construction loans from application through closing.
- Prepare commercial and consumer loan closing packages according to guidelines established by the Bank in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain files for appropriate documentation to perfect liens on all secured loans.
- Creates and maintains loan files to include the Credit, Collateral, Draw and Guarantor files.
- Requests inspection, ensures the receipt of required documentation prior to funding, calculates, processes, obtains proper approval, and requests funding for draw requests efficiently and in agreement with Bank policies and procedures and service level agreements.
- Reviews loan packages for accuracy prior to delivery to the Banker
- Coordinate closings with lenders, attorneys, insurance agents and customers
- Order title searches, UCC searches, appraisals and flood certifications as needed
- Approve the disbursement of closing funds and issues loan proceeds checks and wires
- Review closed and funded loans for document completion, ensure that loans are booked in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow-up on all documentation necessary for a complete loan file to include current financial statements / tax returns, recorded documents, insurance, etc.
- Quote loan payoffs.
- Assist with processing loan payoffs, prepares demand statements, and processes loan payments and advances.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree or additional course work in banking, finance or lending is an asset.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years prior experience in commercial and consumer loan processing.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org