FLSA Job Classification: Non -Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports To: Branch Manager/Head Teller
First National Community Bank is a locally owned community bank. We are deeply committed to the success and growth of local businesses and the financial prosperity of our customers in our community with extraordinary involvement in the communities we have served since 1975.
As a community bank, decisions are made locally. We pride ourselves in our experienced staff of familiar local Bankers and Commercial Relationship Managers that collectively bring over 340 years of banking experience to serve you and understand our community better than anyone else.
Provides lead teller operational support within the branch ensuring all daily activities are performed. Performs exceptional customer service and demonstrates professional behavior in all teller interactions.
Bank Teller Activity/Operational Knowledge
• Achieve a satisfactory level of technical skill or knowledge in teller activities including but not limited to compliance, loss prevention, open and closing procedures, Reg. CC holds, processing and balancing of official checks, teller drawers, vault, ATM, coin machine and ensures maintains adequate cash in drawer at all times
• Assists customer with a variety of transactions including but not limited to consumer/commercial deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, teller checks, and safe deposit boxes.
• Adheres to all physical and IT security procedures to ensure protection of all employees and customers in addition to Bank assets and systems
• Communications proactively and consistently with team members regarding developments and changes in bank operations, compliance, and loss prevention
• Actively listen, speak, and act in a manner that results in powerful and effective action internally and externally. This includes expertise in written communications.
• Creates an environment of commitment to compliance, including but not limited to the BSA/AML and OFAC Compliance Program which encompasses: acting with integrity even in difficult situations; completing training in a timely manner as well as making time for associates to complete their training; frequently highlighting compliance matters in meetings and discussions; setting an example for others in diligently reporting suspicious activity; and understanding both your individual and the organization’s responsibilities around fair and responsible banking and to use that knowledge to serve customers fairly and consistently.
• Provide a superior level of customer service and customer relations
• Consistently demonstrates and executes understanding of knowledge of FNCB’s products and services seeking opportunities to meet the customer’s underlying needs and to leverage this information to benefit them and the Bank.
• Maintains relationships with key customers through involvement with community activities, and general business contacts
• Handles customer complaints effectively transforming into opportunities to improve service performance, reduce costs, and improve bottom line
• Demonstrates a satisfactory level of knowledge and adhere of FNCB’s deposit policies and products
• Consistently works to assist branch in meeting or exceeding deposit and loan goals as set forth by Management
• Ability to take initiative and utilize sound judgment in decision-making and problem solving and involves Head Teller and Branch Manager when necessary
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours/Travel
This is a full-time position, and hours of work vary based on location. Normal days are Monday through Friday. Saturday hours will be required at some locations. This position could potentially require some travel to other branch locations.
Experience and Education Requirements
• High School Degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 6 months of customer service and cash handling experience required.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
First National Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
First National Community Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 706-413-4181 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org