Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mission Statement
At First National Community Bank, we believe that more diversity, equity, and inclusion drives value for our shareholders and makes us better able to serve our customers and community. We are stronger as a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences, and approaches to foster a stronger, smarter, and more informed bank.
We lead with inclusion first. Our board of directors and bank leadership are invested in diversity of thought. We strive to create an environment where employees are valued, empowered to positively support our business objectives and customers, and recognized for their individual and team contributions. We believe that building a truly inclusive culture is essential for all our employees to bring their authentic, whole selves to work and experience a sense of belonging and support. We achieve this by recruiting and retaining a diverse talent pool; increasing employee engagement through professional development and community outreach activities. Our inclusive culture also extends to our customers. We aspire to be a bank where diversity of thought is embraced, and we recognize how this supports our promise to bring the best solutions and products to our customers. We enjoy a workplace built on trust, respect, and valuing difference — where we welcome expressive dialogue, distinct talent, unique perspectives, and inquiry from individuals of various backgrounds. First National Community Bank leverages different ideas and unique perspectives to attract and shape a varied and innovative team of highly regarded banking professionals, resulting in an inclusive environment that values every employee's performance and achievements and equitably meets every customer's banking and financial needs.
We believe that individuals enhance our culture because of their identity or differences, such as: socio-economic class; age or generation; or accessibility needs; race, ethnicity or nationality; gender, gender identity and expression; sexual orientation; religion and worship practices; education or matriculation status; veteran or military service status; family or caregiver responsibilities; personal appearance; genetic information; political affiliation; work, thought, and leadership styles; and/or technical skills. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach, providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement, and treating our customers equitably.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for diversity, equity, and inclusion, First National Community Bank strives to:
- Understand diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Challenge entrenched assumptions about being a strong leader, and who has opportunity or sponsorship to assume leadership roles.
- Cultivate respectful communication and cooperation between all employees and with customers. Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Foster teamwork and employee participation, encouraging the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Contribute as employers and employees to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board, staff, customers and community.
- Lead with respect and acceptance of difference. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
First National Community Bank abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Generate and aggregate quantitative and qualitative data related to diversity, equity, and inclusion to make measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Improve our leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of the community we serve.
- Continue to diversify our board of directors and senior executives to shape First National Community Bank's policies, strategy, and leadership as opportunities permit, always striving to obtain the most qualified individuals that best represent this initiative as well as maintaining shareholder safety and value at the forefront of all that we do.
- Pool resources and expand offerings for underrepresented customers by connecting with other organizations in our community committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluating process. Train our hiring team, managers, and senior leadership on equitable practices.
- Develop and improve upon processes to build on and remove unconscious bias in our customer service. Train all employees on equitable practices.
- Promote fair opportunities to all vendors with the responsibility of being good stewards on behalf of the bank and its shareholders.
- Engage in initiatives that foster economic mobility, community development, and financial education.
- Advocate for public and private-sector policy that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression, and disparity.
Our attention to equity, diversity, and our commitment to inclusion makes us stronger and helps us better serve our customers and our community.